File photo of an Israeli tank near Lebanon's border with Israel. "The greatest threat to peace and stability in southern Lebanon is the provocation of Israel by a terrorist rocket attack from Lebanese soil. This was a common occurrence before and during the 2006 war, and preventing these attacks is a key element of UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended that conflict. The element responsible for maintaining security and preventing these provocations are the conventional Lebanese Armed Forces brigades in South Litani Sector. The U.S. supports the full implementation of UNSCR 1701; and to that end the Special Operation Command (Forward) Lebanon has instituted a Lebanese Instructor Training Course conducted by Advanced Operating Base 5310 of the 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne). The course is training members of the Lebanese special operations forces to deploy to the south and conduct a training course for LAF platoons, and to increase their capability and capacity to support UNSCR 1701."
- 'Israeli' Drone Crashes in East Lebanon
- Lebanon respects 1701 whereas Israel violates it continuously
- Israel responded to an unprovoked attack by Hizbullah, right? Wrong
- Israeli Violations of Lebanese Sovereignty
- Israel Violates Lebanese Territory Again - WTF
- Israeli violations of Lebanese sovereignty-background