A message to Israelis from the American 5th column:
"We can regroup and come up with new strategies to ensure a pro-Zionist administration, Senate and Congress. We can implement creative ways to educate the public and elected officials about Zionism and the importance of an unapologetic defense of Israel."
The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has a tradition of issuing blistering critiques of any American administration when it undermines Israel's best interest and, of course, no exception was made for President Obama's. If we can judge from Obama's record, his administration will continue to advance policies, appointments, and ideals that may not serve Israel's sovereignty and strength.
These have included:
- Suggesting the 1949 armistice lines be the starting point for negotiations
- A sympathy for the Palestinian narrative, expressed in his overtures to the Palestinian Authority and statements that blame Israel for lack of peace instead of Arab incitement and terror
- A disproportionate outreach to the Muslim world, particularly in the face of attacks on America, as expressed in the Benghazi scandal
- The exclusion of Israel from high level counter-terrorism conferences
- Watered-down sanctions on Iran that have not deterred Iran's nuclear program, and no ironclad commitment to support Israel should Israel decide to attack
- Refusal to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Appointment of advisers hostile to Israel such as Samatha Powers, Susan Rice, and Rashid Khalidi
But we can also be there for Israel--as a united community--no matter who is in office in the US. We can let Israel know that Americans Jews of all political stripes have Israel's back--and front. Should Israel attack Iran to destroy its nuclear program, we can expect Iran's Islamist proxies to attack Israel back. We can be in Israel to support her when she needs us most. Join us and a host of pro-Israel organizations for an evening in which you can learn how to volunteer in Israel in time of crisis. On December 3, 7 pm, we're hosting Adi Zahavi, CEO of Emergency Volunteer Project for Israel (www.evp.org.il), who will discuss concrete steps that we as individuals and a community can take to fly to Israel in case of war and assist on the homefront. The Los Angeles location will be announced soon. To sign up, just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to let him know that we will stand behind Israel and will work to increase support for Israel in the US, but that, ultimately, Israel is a sovereign country that must act in its own self-interest, American support notwithstanding. His e-mail addresses are: Memshala@pmo.gov.il and email@example.com.
The Jewish nation will prevail!
They aren't human. Period.